The ever-changing demands of a human are unpredictable. Thus in project management of different organizations, they have to make room for several short–notice changes that may hamper their progress and/ or efficiency. This is the main demerit of traditional or waterfall type of project management.
Whereas the Agile type of project management is far better than that of the trivial one in terms of efficiency, adaptability, applicability, flexibility, etc.
Agile, in simple words, can be defined as a type of project management that focuses on decreasing waste and adhering to customer or client satisfaction as and when required.
Roles in an Agile project:-
- Product owner: – This person denotes the scopes, feasibility, and adaptability of the project and delineates the resources to be used and time to be taken for the product/end result production.
- Team member: – A member may be assigned individual assignments or team-based work. Nevertheless, a team member maintains coordination and fraternity within and beyond the team, thereby increasing its efficiency by submitting the tasks on time.
- Scrum masters: – they work as the team leaders and manage the team as well as represent it.
Benefits of applying Agile to project management:-
- This will invariably lift your project off the ground to sky-high limits.
- It increases the efficiency of each team by chunking down the task.
- Sprints, or time-bound tasks, are to be checked on time and then moved to the next sprint, thereby ensuring a foolproof end result/product.
- It makes space for sudden changes in client requirements to the breaking of the whole task into smaller ones.
- It provides for continuous feedback from the client. This feature of Agile makes the project totally up to the expectations of the client by Sprintzeal.
- There is an improved focus on the client’s needs and specificities.
- Increased flexibility and adaptability of the project.
- Efficient control of projects.
- Lesser time requirements for project completion as the tasks thus broken down can be done by several correlated yet different teams.
- Due to the miniature tasks, it becomes easier to notice faults in the supply line by checking the end result of each task and then proceeding to the next sprint.
- Better coordination among the employees.
- Improved development and all-around welfare of the organization.
- Rapid solutions to problems occurred as there are notes of every Agile project management from the daily basis meetings held to discuss project progress, risks, solutions, etc., that are headed by the CSM Certification.
- Team members become self-confident and thus more responsible for their duties.
- Result-oriented teams are the crux of project management based on Agile methods and methodologies. This ensures that all the employees are always on the way to achieving the goals of the organization.
Various tools of Agile used inefficient project management:-
- Kanban: – a visualization method for target achievement.
- Extreme programming: – this is also known as XP. Extreme measures to be taken into consideration customer reviews and timely completion of sprints.
- Crystal: – an aggregate of sub-processes, it describes the relationship between team members, teams, and the client.
- Dynamic Systems Development Method (DSDM)
- Feature Driven Development (FDD)
- Agile scrum
- Lean software method
- User story
- Burndown chart
Agile is the aggregate of several principles that are mainly directed towards reducing loss and wastage in production lines to improve the quality of the end product/result. The important principles under Agile are 5Ss, kanban, Gemba, statistical methods, etc. These are issued in almost all companies as well as in daily lives (although unknowingly) in order to minimize faulty production and maximize profit. Every organization requires the best employees for its project management for obvious reasons. Thus certified personnel makes it easier on the part of the recruiter. Agile certified employees not only minimize the risks, defects, and loss of a project but also maximize profit along with the efficient allocation of resources a time to teams and proper management of the project. Thus the overall performance of an organization is increased.