You understand how critical it is to keep office premises booked and income flowing. However, with the COVID-19 pandemic in 2020, office culture altered radically. And now that workplaces could reopen, not all businesses and workers are returning. So, as the future of work shifts, it’s time to think about how to upgrade office structures. And one of the most significant ways to accomplish so is to deploy smart office technologies.
This Smart Office Technology Tutorial Will Go Through The Following Topics:
- What exactly is smart office technology?
- What are the three parts of a smart office?
- How to Set Up a Smart Office
- What are the advantages of using smart office technology?
What Exactly Is “Smart Office Technology”?
Smart office technology is a stylish solution for increasing staff productivity and efficiency both in-office and remotely. Employees demand commercial real estate technologies in their workplace spaces now more than ever so that they may easily communicate with coworkers all across the globe. Devices that enhance the office building itself, such as a remote doorman and smart thermostats, are also part of smart office technology.
What Exactly Is Smart Office IoT?
The Internet of Things (IoT) refers to gadgets that communicate with one another over the internet. That is what distinguishes technology as “smart.” The Internet of Things enhances efficiency and makes day-to-day work simpler for many individuals.
IoT In The Workplace Involves Technology Such As:
- Electronic door locks
- Sensors for occupancy
- Systems for arranging conference rooms
- Climate and lighting control that is automated
- Touch-free access control systems
What Are The Smart Office’s Three Components?
The three components of smart workplaces are as follows:
- SMART HOME GADGETS
- INDUSTRY-SPECIFIC TECHNOLOGY
1. CONSTRUCTION OF INFRASTRUCTURE
The infrastructure of office buildings is not inherently “smart.” Plumbing and security systems have been around for a long time. However, because of advances in technology, the most successful buildings integrate smart technology into their infrastructure to save money and attract renters.
Smart Office Infrastructure Examples Include:
- Improved security systems
- Heating and cooling are automated.
- Cloud-based property management
- Systems for detecting leaks
- Internet 5G
2. SMART HOME GADGETS
Many of the smart workplace gadgets we see today are recycled from home devices. A smartphone app may control lighting and temperatures in modern workplace buildings.
The Following Smart Gadgets Are Beneficial In Office Buildings:
- Smartphone-powered lights
- Internet-of-things sensors
- Coffee machines with WiFi
- Intelligent locks
- Intercom system with video
3. INDUSTRY-SPECIFIC TECHNOLOGY
Some technologies, such as those used to handle hot-desking or conference rooms, apply to most workplaces. However, every organization is unique — and one of the most pleasing aspects of smart technology is its adaptability.
Smart Office Technology That Your Renters May Find Helpful For Their Businesses Include:
- Smart televisions for video conferencing
- Desks that can be adjusted using a mobile app
- Reservation systems for conference rooms and desks
- Voice-activated keyboards
HOW TO BUILD A SMART OFFICE
Smart technology is widespread and here to stay, according to real estate trends. So, how can you implement cutting-edge office technologies at your property? The first and most crucial step is to speak with your renters. Inquire about the solutions they would want for their companies.
You may also invest in technology that lessens the environmental effect of your property and achieve green building certifications. Sustainable improvements can make your house more appealing to potential renters while lowering bills such as heating and electricity.
WHAT ARE THE ADVANTAGES OF USING SMART OFFICE TECHNOLOGY?
It takes a significant investment to upgrade your structure to enable smart office technologies. So you want to be sure that investing in modern office space is profitable. Incorporating more modern technology into your office building may benefit your property in various ways.
Some Of The Most Significant Advantages Of Smart Office Technology Are As Follows:
- REDUCED UTILITY EXPENSES: Smart lighting, thermostats, heating, and other features help reduce running costs in your facility. Lights are only turned on when needed, and temperatures adjust on their own to improve efficiency.
- PROPERTY VALUE INCREASES: Making upgrades to your building will boost its worth to investors and renters. You might also raise the rent to reflect the increased value of the office space.
- REDUCE LABOR EXPENSES: IoT sensors make repairs less frequent and more precise, resulting in lower building maintenance costs. There is also no need for nighttime shifts with smart security equipment, saving you money and enhancing your workers’ work-life balance.
ACCESS CONTROL TECHNOLOGY FOR SMART OFFICES
Managing who has access to your building and each office space is critical for ensuring the security of your property and enhancing the tenant experience. As a result, smart office access control technology benefits all office buildings.
For smart workplaces, the access control system is a perfect choice. Your personnel and renters can quickly access the building using their cell phones, and guests and delivery couriers can also request entry. Tenants and building employees can visually authenticate the identity of guests before providing them admission to the building, thanks to the video capabilities. Furthermore, renters may use a Smartphone app to unlock the door for themselves and their visitors. That eliminates the need to provide keys, cards, or fobs to renters.
Methods For Incorporating Smart Office Technology Into Your Structure:
- VIDEO INTERCOM: Commercial video intercom is smartphone-based and wireless. As a result, you don’t require in-unit hardware, saving you money on hardware and installation. Keypads are excellent for controlling entry to locations such as amenities, closets, and executive offices. Your renters will have a more convenient experience due to the mobile app, and you will save money by eliminating key fobs and cards.
- PACKAGE ROOM: A customized package room to handle deliveries may improve the tenant experience. Tenants get a lot of mail, which means more work for your employees. Delivery couriers can check themselves into the premises and leave items in a safe, organized place with the package room.
- ELEVATOR CONTROLS: You don’t want tenants and guests roaming about the building in places they shouldn’t be. Elevator controls protect your renters’ privacy. You may use the system to control which floors each person has access to.