It is possible that when you try to open the Excel sheet, the worksheet fails to open and an error message from Microsoft says that this worksheet is corrupted and cannot open. The crucial information and calculations are gone in one second. You don’t have to worry about it as in this blog, I’ll provide methods to retrieve corrupted Excel files online for free. It is easy to do this using free data recovery tools online. However, before you try the tools for recovery it is recommended to first try other manual techniques too.
Methods to Repair Corrupted Excel File
Utilize the techniques below, as explained in Microsoft Excel as well as OpenOffice:
1. Using Microsoft Excel’s built-in functions
The most recent editions of Microsoft Excel have a built-in function that lets you fix damaged data. Follow these steps to open damaged files:
- First, click the option on the primary menu.
- After that, you can start your pop-up menu by pressing the “Open” button in the upper right-hand corner.
- Then, at that point, click “Open and Restore” from the menu drop-down.
Following the completion of the procedure, Excel will open the spreadsheet with the corrected data.
Repair algorithms in Microsoft Excel are updated regularly and Excel can fully or partially fix the damage to an Excel spreadsheet. However, in some cases, this technique does not work or fix the issue. Excel isn’t able to fix the damaged .xlsx and .xls files.
2. Opening files by using OpenOffice
From Office 2007 Microsoft Office files share the identical format as OpenOffice. This is why you are able to download and then install the complete package on OpenOffice.org in order to test using it to restore the file.
Notice: A file being saved using OpenOffice must be equipped with an XLSX extension. This is the extension that is standardly used for Excel 2007 and the latest Excel files.
If the manual repair method does not work as expected There are a few ways to repair that will assist you in recovering damaged Excel files.
Proficient Solution to Recover Corrupted Excel File Online
To retrieve your corrupted Excel document online you must make use of a professional tool. One of these tools can be found in Excel Recovery Software. The software can repair corrupt Excel files that are saved using each of the .xls as well as .xlsx extensions and recover all the data that is possible from the files. It also allows recovery from one as well with multiple files simultaneously. It comes with a variety of features that quickly repair damaged Excel files. I suggest you try the demo version for free of this software.
Repair inaccessible Excel spreadsheet files using Excel Recovery Tool
Follow the steps below.
- After you have launched Excel to run the file recovery Tool, need to choose a single file option to restore a single Excel (.xls as well as .xlsx) file. Select the Browse button.
- Select the corrupted or damaged Excel spreadsheet from the computer.
- Then, click the Next button to continue.
- This gives you the possibility to view the excel records as grids using the sheets. Click the preview button to see the information.
- Once the scanning of the document is complete, press “OK” after scanning the sheet.
- The preview will be displayed of the particular worksheet following it has recovered from your Excel file. Click Next.
- Excel Recovery software has two powerful features to recreate your Excel document and then save it to the data in the Excel file. Select the search button in order to save the file you have recovered.
- Select the destination path from the system and then click OK. Select the Save button.
- When the saving process is complete, close the application.
In the previous article, I discussed the best way to restore corrupted Excel documents in the online world. All the best solutions are listed in detail, including the manual method and the tool that is automated. It’s now your turn to choose the most appropriate method. I hope it will help.