If you’re like most businesses, your CRM is the lifeblood of your operation. Sales and customer data can be critical to success, so it’s important to make sure that your CRM is secure. Microsoft Dynamics offers state-of-the-art cloud security, ensuring that your data is always safe and accessible. Here’s how Dynamics Cloud Security works and why it’s the best option for your business.
Where is Dynamics CRM Data Stored?
Dynamics CRM data is stored in the Microsoft Azure cloud. Microsoft Dynamics 365 security team has put a lot of effort into ensuring that your data is safe. Microsoft Dynamics 365 customers can rest assured that their data is protected by some of the most stringent security measures industry-wide. Let’s look at some of the ways the Microsoft Dynamics 365 security team keeps your CRM data safe.
Microsoft Dynamics 365 security is multi-layered and constantly evolving. The Microsoft Dynamics 365 security team has put a lot of effort into ensuring that your CRM data is protected. Microsoft Dynamics 365 customers can rest assured that their data is protected by some of the most stringent security measures industry-wide.
Microsoft Dynamics 365 Security Features
Microsoft Dynamics 365 is a comprehensive CRM solution that provides a range of features to help you keep your data safe.
Microsoft Dynamics 365 security features include:
- Authentication: You can require users to authenticate with their username and password before they can access your data. You can also require two-factor authentication, which requires users to provide a one-time code in addition to their username and password.
- Role-based access: You can assign specific roles to users, which determine the features they can access and the data they can view.
- Data encryption: Microsoft Dynamics 365 encrypts all data stored in the cloud, so it can’t be accessed by unauthorized users.
- Data loss prevention: Microsoft Dynamics 365 can help you prevent data from being accidentally or intentionally deleted or modified.
- By using these Microsoft Dynamics 365 security features, you can rest assured that your data is safe and secure.
How to Enable Data Loss Prevention for your Dynamics 365 Environment
Microsoft Dynamics 365 cloud security is a critical piece of your CRM deployment. Micro-soft has a number of different security features to protect your data, including Data Loss Prevention (DLP). DLP is a feature that allows you to set rules for what users can and cannot do with specific types of data. For example, you can configure DLP to prevent users from sending emails with credit card information outside of your organization.
To enable DLP for your Dynamics 365 environment, follow these steps:
- log in to your Microsoft Dynamics 365 environment.
- Navigate to the Microsoft Dynamics 365 Administration Canter.
- In the left-hand navigation bar, select Data Loss Prevention.
- Under the DLP Settings section, select Enabled.
- Under the Categories section, select the category you want to enable DLP for.
- In the Actions section, select the action you want to enable DLP for.
- Click Save.
Now that you have enabled DLP for your Dynamics 365 environment, you can set up rules to protect your data. For more information on how to configure DLP, please see the Microsoft Dynamics 365 documentation.
Microsoft Dynamics 365 is a powerful CRM solution that provides a wide range of features to help you manage your customer relationships. Microsoft Dynamics 365 cloud security is a critical piece of your deployment, and Microsoft has several different security features to protect your data.
The Benefits of Using Dynamics 365 Cloud Security
Microsoft Dynamics cloud security is a system that helps protect your data while it’s in transit to and from the cloud. The Microsoft Dynamics 365 cloud security infrastructure is based on Microsoft Azure, which is a secure public cloud platform. Azure has been certified by the ISO 27001 certification authority, so you can be sure your data is safe with Microsoft Dynamics 365.
One advantage of using Microsoft Dynamics 365 cloud security is that your data is always backed up. Microsoft Dynamics 365 cloud security uses Azure Backup, which creates point-in-time copies of your data so you can restore it if needed. Azure Backup also encrypts your data while it’s in transit and at rest, to help protect it from unauthorized access.
Microsoft Dynamics 365 cloud security also uses Microsoft Azure Active Directory (Azure AD) to manage user access. Azure AD is a cloud-based identity and access management service that provides secure single sign-on for your users. It can also help you automate user provisioning and de-provisioning and enforce password policies. Azure AD is also compliant with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), so you can be sure that your data will be protected under the new EU data protection law.
Microsoft Dynamics 365 cloud security provides several other benefits, including:
- Reduced downtime: Microsoft Dynamics 365 cloud security is based on Microsoft Azure, which has a 99.95% uptime SLA. This means your data will be available when you need it.
- Seamless scalability: Microsoft Dynamics 365 cloud security can scale to meet your needs, no matter how large your organization is.
- Reduced costs: Microsoft Dynamics 365 cloud security doesn’t require you to purchase and manage your own hardware or software. You can simply subscribe to the service and pay as you go.
- Enhanced security: Microsoft Dynamics 365 cloud security helps protect your data with several security features, including encryption and user access management.
Microsoft Dynamics 365 for marketing is a comprehensive CRM solution that provides everything you need to create successful marketing campaigns. Microsoft Dynamics 365 Operations is an end-to-end business management solution that helps you run your business more efficiently.
How to Set up Multi-factor Authentication for your Users
Microsoft Dynamics 365 security is a critical part of your CRM deployment. With the cloud-based version of Dynamics 365, you can be confident that your data is safe and secure. Microsoft has several security features built into Dynamics 365 to protect your data, including multi-factor authentication.
Multi-factor authentication (MFA) adds an extra layer of security to your Dynamics 365 deployment. With MFA, users are required to provide two forms of identification before they can log in to Dynamics 365. This can be a password and a code from an authentication app, or a password and a fingerprint scan.
MFA is a critical part of your security strategy, and you should enable it for all users who have access to Dynamics 365. Here’s how to set up MFA for your users:
- Log in to Microsoft Dynamics 365 as an administrator.
- Select the Settings tab and choose Security.
- In the Security area, select multi-factor authentication.
- On the Multi-factor authentication page, select the Add users radio button.
- Select the users you want to enable MFA for and choose OK.
- In the Microsoft Authenticator app on your phone, scan the barcode or enter the verification code that is displayed on the multi-factor authentication page.
- You will now be prompted for your authentication code each time you log in to Dynamics 365.
Tips for Keeping your CRM Data Safe and Secure
When you’re using Microsoft Dynamics 365 for Marketing, CRM Solutions, or Dynamics 365 Operations, your data is always safe and secure. Microsoft Dynamics cloud security features keep your data protected both in transit and at rest. Here are a few tips to help you keep your CRM data safe:
- Use a strong password and change it regularly.
- Keep your Microsoft Dynamics 365 software up to date. Microsoft releases regular updates with security enhancements. – Only access Microsoft Dynamics 365 from trusted devices and networks. – Avoid storing sensitive data in Microsoft Dynamics 365. If you do need to store sensitive data, be sure to use the appropriate security features. – Back up your data regularly. Microsoft Dynamics 365 provides several tools to help you back up your data, including the Microsoft Dynamics 365 Data Export Service and the Microsoft Dynamics 365 Backup Manager.
By following these tips, you can help keep your CRM data safe and secure in Microsoft Dynamics 365.