How to Troubleshoot Cannot Connect to Norton Server Error?
No doubt, Norton™ antivirus is one of the most popular antivirus programs which offer reliable security to the devices. Other than this, Norton™ is also known for providing robust protection. Top features such as VPN and firewall etc monitors all the malicious activities actively and provide a safety layer to your device. But like other software you have to face numerous errors while using it. It is a robust antivirus still it gives you some errors from time to time. One of the most common errors you may get while using Norton™ antivirus is Can’t Communicate with Norton™ Server. This error is reported by numerous Norton™ users. This error is often encountered by Windows 8 and Windows 10 users. But the good thing is that this issue gets easily fixed.
Here we have mentioned some common techniques to Fix for Norton Product Won’t Open:
Try to connect with a server in Windows 8
- Hit Windows key and R key simultaneously from the keyboard
- The Run dialog box will appear on the screen
- Type Control in the dialog box
- Hit the Enter button
- User Account Panel will appear on the desktop
- Go to Category View
- Click on Programs
- Choose your browser as a default web browser
- Hit the set as default program button
- Click on OK button
Try to connect with a server in Windows 10
- Click on the Start button
- Go to settings
- Click on System Settings
- Hit the Default Apps button
- Go to Web browsers
- Choose an appropriate web browser and set it to default
- Now try to connect with Norton™ server
If you are failing to connect with Norton™ server then you should try other solutions.
Remove and reinstall Norton antivirus
This error can also occur if your Norton™ program files get corrupted. It may possible that you have deleted some of Norton™ files mistakenly. The better solution for fixing cannot open Norton™ 360 Main Window is to uninstall the old Norton™ setup and reinstall the new one. For this, you have to install the Norton™ Remove tool. Download Norton™ Remove the tool from Norton™‘s website and then install it accordingly. Open the tool and click on the Remove and reinstall option. Follow the given on-screen commands to complete the process. Now choose to remove and restart now option. Your device will get restart automatically. Now check whether you can or cannot Uninstall Norton™ Family from the device.
Update your Browser
- Your outdated web browser can be a potential cause of this error. Update your browser immediately:
- Go to your web browser
- Click on Customize button (Three vertical dots)
- Click on the Help button
- Hit the About button
- You will get the running version of your browser
- If any new update is available, your browser will get the update automatically
- Wait for completing the installation process
- After complete installation; check your browser gets updated or not
- If gets updated then restart your device
- Open your browser and try to connect with Norton™ Server
Check whether your Norton™ Security Live Update Failed to Complete error gets resolve or not.