How to Fix Malwarebytes Not Opening on Windows 10 Error?
Whenever we ask about antivirus with low system impact and good performance then Malwarebytes is the most recommendable product. If we compare this product with other antivirus programs; it uses less amount of memory and offers excellent security features. Malwarebytes provides reliable security and compatible with all popular Operating Systems. But some people reported that they are facing Malwarebytes Not Opening error. You can get this kind of errors due to various reasons such as OS issues, device issues, error in registry files, deleted program files, etc. But most of the people reported Malwarebytes Not Working on Windows 10. You can get this error due to corrupted files, corrupted installation, or an incompatibility issue with Windows 10.
Here are some reasons which can lead to Malwarebytes Does Not Open Windows 10 error:
Corrupt installation of Malwarebytes setup
Corrupt installation can occur due to various reasons such as incomplete download, mistakenly deleted program files, etc. The best way for fixing this error is by uninstalling Malwarebytes and then providing a fresh installation. Follow the given steps for uninstalling Malwarebytes for the device:
- Go to program and features
- Search for Malwarebytes from the list
- Now click on uninstall button
- Wait for completing the Un-installation process.
- Restart your device
Provide fresh installation for troubleshooting Malwarebytes not launching error.
- Go to Malwarebytes and download Malwarebytes setup
- Wait for completing the downloading process
- Go to your downloads and double click on Malwarebytes setup
- Select the language
- Hit the next button
- Now, follow the given on-screen commands for completing the installation process
- Click on the Finish button
- Restart your device and check whether you are still getting Malwarebytes Not working in Safe Mode error.
You are using an outdated version of Malwarebytes antivirus
You can also get this error if you are using an outdated version of Malwarebytes on Windows 10. If so, then you should update the Malwarebytes as soon as possible.
- Click on Malwarebytes icon
- Malwarebytes dashboard will appear on the screen
- Click on Settings
- Go to Application tab
- Hit the Application Update button
- A window will appear on your screen
- Hit the OK button
- Click on Yes button
- You will get User Account Control Window on the screen
- Hit the Yes button
- Choose the language from the drop-down menu
- Hit OK button
- Now click on Agree and Install button
- Wait for completing the installation process
- Hit the Finish button
- Now try to open Malwarebytes. If you are still facing Malwarebytes Not Working after Update error then you should check for other solutions.
You have another antivirus installed on your device
It is possible that Malwarebytes is not Opening in the system because you have installed other security software there. Security software programs can conflict with each other. So, if you have installed any other antivirus program on your device then remove it before installing Malwarebytes. Make sure to remove all related files and folders. After removing other security software program, install Malwarebytes on your system and provide a powerful scan to wash away all malware from your device.
Check your system files
Your antivirus can show you the errors due to corrupted system files. The system files can corrupt due to runtime errors. You need to fix the files system files for troubleshooting your Malwarebytes errors. But you should not edit the system files manually. Finding the corrupted files and repairing them is not an easy job. You can use the Windows file checker tool to repair the corrupted system file. This inbuilt tool of Windows will check for the Windows corrupted files and repair them automatically. You can run the file checker tool and fix the files by following the given steps:
- Close all the running programs on your device
- Press Windows and R button
- Type cmd and press the Enter button
- You will get a permission prompt on your screen
- Select Allow button
- Your Windows command screen will be displayed
Type sfc/scannow on the command prompt and press the Enter button. This Windows tool will start running and check for the corrupted system files. Wait until the file checker tool shows a result page. Now restart the computer and try to open Malwarebytes.
Delete the temp files from your device
If Malwarebytes not opening on your PC then check for the temporary files. These files are usually harmless and occupy your disk space. But if you don’t delete the files from time to time; they may start conflicting with other programs. While deleting the temp files, remove all the other junk from the system. You can easily remove the junk from your system by using the junk cleanout tool. The tool will search for the junk on your device and remove them easily. Follow the steps to clean the junk:
- Open your Windows device
- Press the Wins and R button
- Run window will appear (left side)
- Type cmd and press the Enter button
- A permission screen will be displayed
- Click on Allow button
Your Windows command screen will be displayed on your desktop. Type cleanmgr on the cmd screen and press the Enter button. Your clean manager tool will run and check for the junk on your device. After completing the scan, a list will be displayed. Check the list and click on temporary files and all the other items you want to delete. Now press the Enter button and all the junk will be removed from the system. Restart the PC and now try to run Malwarebytes on your device.
Undo the recent changes
The Malwarebytes may not open on your device due to the recent changes. The user may have made some changes on the system which has disabled your Malwarebytes. To fix the error, you need to undo all the changes. Undo the changes one by one and try to open Malwarebytes. If you don’t remember the changes you have made then you can use the Windows system restore tool. Search for the System Restore and click on the result. You may need admin credentials for running this tool. Follow the on-screen instructions and then provide a restoring point. After reverting all the changes on the computer; click on the Malwarebytes icon. If your Malwarebytes antivirus is still not opening then ask for professional help.