Microsoft Edge is a top-notch internet browser developed by Microsoft. This web browser was developed for Windows 10 and Xbox and now it is also available for Android and macOS. Edge is considered as one of the safest and robust web browsers. But many people reported that their Edge is frequently get redirected to some malicious sites. Some people also reported that their homepage and search engine got changed. If you are determining strange behavior then your Microsoft Edge is infected.
If your browser is redirecting to other pages then it means you have clicked on some malicious advertisements or you have adware in your device. If you think that you have clicked on some suspicious advertisements then you can clear your history and cache. Sometimes removing the junk files can resolve the problem. But if your pages are still get redirected to other pages then it means you are dealing with adware. If you want to work peacefully then you must have to remove adware from edge.
Nobody knowingly installs adware in his device. The main door for entering adware in your device is free software programs. People often download various software, games, and other free applications from the internet. These free software programs often carry adware with them. When you install free software in your device; adware gets also installed. Once this nasty adware gets installed on your system then every time you open the edge browser; various unwanted ads will appear on the screen. These ads are used for promotions. You may also see the questionnaire and other optimization utilities promotions that can generate good PPC revenue.
Here are common symptoms that show that your Microsoft Edge is infected with malware:
- You are getting strange advertisements
- Your Microsoft Edge homepage is changing automatically
- Your websites are not opening properly
- Website links are redirecting to unexpected pages
- You are getting fake update pop-ups
- Unwanted applications get installed in your device without your knowledge
Along with these symptoms, Microsoft Edge malware can also slow down your device. It can also affect your internet connection speed. If Microsoft edge has malware then it performs various unnecessary and malicious jobs on your device.
So, it is better to remove Microsoft Edge Virus before it causes more damage to your device and data. If you remove malware from your device then your web browser will start working without any glitch and delay.
How to remove malware from Microsoft Edge Browser?
There are various methods to remove ads from edge browser. Removing adware from Microsoft Edge is the best technique for preventing your web browser for unnecessary advertisements. Here are the top solutions to remove ads edge browser:
Solution 1: Uninstall malicious programs from your device
If you remove malicious programs like Microsoft edge spyware from the device then there is a good possibility that your device will start working reliably.
- Open your device
- Go to the control panel
- Open programs
- Click on uninstall a program
- You will get a list of programs installed in your device
- Review all the programs name one by one
- Check whether you see any program that looks malicious and not installed by you
- Click on uninstall button
- Hit the yes button
- Wait until the program gets uninstalled from the system
- Restart your device
Solution 2: Install Malwarebytes anti-malware for removing adware
Malwarebytes is one of the top anti-malware programs as it offers various top services for removing malware from the system. It also offers a Microsoft Edge cleanup tool that scans and removes every malware from the device. You can also use freeware of this antivirus as it also provides a good scanning tool. It also offers 30 days premium trial. Try the free Malwarebytes trial and determine whether your device is showing some positive responses or not. Here are the steps for downloading and using Malwarebytes.
- Go to Malwarebytes website
- Click on the setup button
- The setup will start downloading in your device
- Wait until the setup gets downloaded on the device
- Go to your downloads
- Search for Malwarebytes setup
- Run the setup file
- Follow the on-screen commands for completing the installation process
- Open Malwarebytes dashboard and click on scan now icon
- The anti-malware start scanning your whole device
- Wait for completing the scan process
- Once complete, you will see a quarantine column
- Choose the program you want to delete
- Click on OK button
- Restart your device.
Now open your web browser and check whether your error got fixed on not.
If you are still wondering how to fix Microsoft edge virus then you can also try resetting your browser setting. Follow the given steps for resetting your edge browser:
- Open Microsoft Edge browser
- Go to Apps and features
- Search for advanced options
- Hit the reset button
- Restart your device
If your Microsoft Edge has a virus then you should remove it as soon as possible before it causes other major issues than adware.