It is frustrating when your laptop is running slow or making weird noises. The laptop is our everyday companion, which needs attention to be organized. According to technogage research, the biggest frustration while using the system is the waiting period, which you can speed up with some wise strategies.
There are many ways to clean your system internally and externally. You can increase your system life span and make your laptop run faster. Even if you want to sell your old laptop, you can increase its value by maintaining it properly.
Clean laptop internally
Most laptops are black and attract many dust particles from it’s surrounding. If you are unaware of its cleaning, you may encounter an unexpected mishap. Your system may end up overheating, or it can impact its performance.
If you want to avoid these accidents, learn some basic skills to open your laptop and clean it internally. You can easily clean your laptop by following these simple steps.
- Unplug the power supply, turn off your laptop, and remove the battery, but this isn’t always doable with newer computers.
- To avoid dampness, take the airflow can and deflect it away from the laptop at first.
- Blow it into any holes and cracks in your gadget in small bursts. We’re talking about the keyboard, air vents, and any ports.
- You’ll have to open up a laptop manually if there’s still any dust. If you’re unsure about doing it yourself, we advise seeing a professional.
- If you want to open your laptop at home, you can open it manually; many laptops are not designed to be opened, especially the new ones. But if your laptop has a bottom panel, you can open it by unscrewing the screws.
- You can check on the internet how to open your specific model laptop, Then follow the manual according to the instructions.
How to Clean the Laptop’s fan?
The fan is a fundamental component of your laptop; a dirty fan can create a serious problem in your system. It can create some serious distracting noise, and even your system may end up overheating. If you have already decided to take a risk, follow these simple steps to clean the fan.
The best way to clean the fan is to compress the air or clean it without it.
- Unplug your system and place it in a suitable place.
- Search for a copy of your laptop’s manual on the internet and open the screws through the screwdriver.
- Remove the bottom panel carefully, don’t apply too much force.
- Hold the fan with one hand and remove all the vents with a dry piece of cloth.
- Partially dip the cloth in alcohol and wipe down the fan with the cloth. The fan has many complicated parts and is very difficult to clean together, so it is better to clean it carefully.
- Blow air on the fan to ensure that all the vents blow out from the system.
- Use a soft brush and clean the entire system.
Furthermore, you can easily clean your laptop internally by getting rid of the large unnecessary files in your system. Give some spare time to your system and remove unnecessary files; it will improve its performance and speed. Delete all the garbage files from your system to improve your system performance.
Clean the laptop externally
Dust particles and vents prevent the system from cooling, seriously affecting its performance. It can affect the entire system and decrease the lifespan of the battery. You can enhance the performance of your system without opening it. Even if you can’t open the system, you can clean it externally with the help of some basic tools.
- Using a cotton cloth is perhaps the most important strategy to clean your screen and remove germs, as it comprises hundreds of small fibers.
- Cotton buds – can be used to clean difficult areas such as between the keys or the speaker grille.
- Alcohol, spirit, or petrol- comes as a spray and, most importantly, won’t harm the internals.
- Look for saturation of at least 90%. Use caution while using ammonia or alkaline, especially on the screen.
- The most appropriate solution to blow trash out of the internals is compressed air. While there is special equipment for this, the can should be enough.
How to clean the screen?
Don’t use random cleaning spray on your laptop screen; it may affect its display or even the internal hardware of your system.
- Take a microfibre cloth and computer cleaning spray.
- Plug out the wires and clean the screen with a dry cloth to avoid the mess.
- Spray on the cloth and wipe your screen gently.
- Gently wipe the screen in a circulatory motion until you get a clean surface.
How to clean the keyboard?
The keyboard is the most complicated part to clean in the laptop, and probably the more dirty one. Because we use the keyboard more than any part of the laptop, clean your keyboard by following these steps.
- Power off your Laptop, and plug out the wires.
- Upside down your Laptop, and gently tap it.
- The best way to clean the keyboard is with a can of compressed air. Blow the air to clean the spaces and remove the dust particles as much as possible.
- Use a soft brush to remove all the vents and dust particles for further cleaning.
- In the end, wipe the keyboard with a slightly wet microfiber cloth.
- You can also use sanitizing wipes to make your laptop germs-free.
Many cleaning kits are available on the market, and if you love cleanness, you must have one with you all the time. A cleaning kit will help you to clean your system daily. In one kit, you can get all the items you need while cleaning, like a microfiber cloth, a static-free air bulb, zip ties, a screen cleaning cloth, different cleaning brushes from large to small, and a bottle of spray.
These necessary items will help you to make your laptop germs-free. Don’t use too much force while cleaning, avoid water dropping on the system, use only alcohol or special spray for cleaning. If you can’t handle it yourself, you can consult with a specialist.