HP printers are considered as one of the best printers are you can get huge varieties of HP printer at very good prices. But many people reported that they are facing numerous errors while using HP printer. Getting errors in HP printer is very common. One of the common errors that are faced by almost every printer user is paper jam. Paper jam issues are commonly faced on old printer devices. New printers usually don’t get into paper jam error. But here are cases where printer says paper is jammed but it isn’t. There is no paper stuck inside the printer but your printer still shows paper jam error. Your printer will display this error continuously even after cleaning the whole paper tray.
HP printer says paper jam but there is none kind of condition is not easy to resolve without technical knowledge. If you are unable to fix this kind of condition then you should ask for technical support. If you are from technical background then you can follow the solutions mentioned below.
Solution 1 for fixing paper jam but no paper issue:
The very first thing when you get paper jam is to check the input tray. Sometimes you can’t see chuck of paper until you pull out the tray. Follow the steps given below:
- Turn on the printer from the power switch
- Now detach the power cable from the device
- Take out the paper tray carefully
- Clean out the printer for removing paper chunk or dust.
- Now put the input tray back carefully
- Connect all wires and cable
- Connect to the power source
Now check whether the printer jam but no jam error gets fixed or not.
Solution 2 for printer keeps saying paper jam error:
If you are thinking why does my printer say paper jam when there is no paper then there might be some error in the printer. You can try fixing this error by resetting the printer.
Follow the given steps for printer reset:
- Turn on your HP printer
- Remove power cord from the printer
- Disconnect the cable
- Wait for 1-2 minutes
- Now again connect it to the cable
- Turn on the printer again
Check whether the error gets fixed or not
Solution 3 for troubleshooting printer say jammed but not issue:
Sometimes the paper rollers can also cause paper jam. Clean the paper feed rollers for fixing the error.
- Turn off your printer
- Open the input tray and clean out the paper fee rollers with a clean, soft and dry cloth
- Remove all the dust from the rollers
- Put the rollers back into the printer
- Reconnect all the cables to the printer
- Turn on the printer
- Now try to take print out from your HP printer
Sometimes printer output tray and printer roller can also causes printer says jammed but no paper error. If you are unable to fix the issue yourself then you can also ask for professional support.